Saturday, August 9, 2008

I did it.

Well, I called McD's on Friday and told them I wouldn't be coming back. I am very relived about it. I would rather have no job than to work there again. Its not because I am lazy or anything. It is because of the lack of training and how serious a few people were. For instance; I was jumped on for using the chicken spatula on the hamburger patty's. I had no Idea there was a difference. I told him that I did not know he just got on to me again. EVERYTHING was like that. I had no Idea I was doing something against McD's policy until I had a fat 40 year old, who thought he was God's gift to burger making because he had on a blue manager shirt, was right on top of me. The same thing happened when I didn't lay the pattys on the grill in the right order, or when drained all the grease off the pattys after they were done, or the way I swept the floor (YES, McD's has a authorized way to sweep the floor! atleast that one does), or when I ACCIDENTALLY put 1.5 pickles instead of 1 pickle on the cheeseburger, and the list could go on forever. /end rant

Any way, all that is behind me. I am SUPER excited about band camp starting tomorrow! There are roughly 30 Mello's trying out for 22 spots. The main thing I'm looking forward to is playing "Salvation" again with the Southerners. I have my mellophone almost ready. All I have left is the inner bell area. It is good enough to use at band camp but I would like to get it a little nicer before the first game. Chances are I will use a school owned horn if there are enough, if I make the line. That way the whole section will match. I don't have any problem using my horn if I have to though. I would probably prefer it.

This years show is super hard. I have never seen so many 16th note runs on one page. This is going to be an amazing year. You can listen to a midi file of the opener on the Southerners website at http://www.marchingsoutherners.org. The drill has been written for 360 instrumentalist. So there will probably be over 400 people on the field.

I'm still hunting for another job. I called Dick's and they are not hiring at the moment. Right now my conditions are 1) I don't have to shave my beard EVER again and 2) It is NOT fast food. Right now I am looking for retail jobs. Working at Stanfield's RUINED me. I hope I will be able to work for a company as good as Stanfield's. A company that respected their workers. A company were I was more that a name on a time card. What makes Stanfield's so great is the sense of Family. I have never missed a job so much. I know I only worked there for 3 months, but I will always miss it.

On a fun and good note, Phantom Regiment won the 2008 DCI Championship! Phantom has always been my favorite corps. The dark and rich sound they make is remarkable. They definitely have a trademark sound. Congrats Phantom!

I rode my commuter bike around a bit today while the Mrs was out hanging out with her Friends. I just rode up the rode and back but it was FUN. I am STILL waiting to get a helmet before I go for a longer ride. I am itching to go on the Ladagia Trail in J'ville. The trail starts in Anniston and goes for 33 miles to the Georgia line. There it connects to Georgia's Silver comet trail. It goes all the way to Atlanta. I am looking forward to riding the whole thing. I want to make a tour out of it. Stopping for one or two nights along the way.

Well, That's about all I have tonight.

No comments: