Saturday, August 23, 2008

another good week.

Well, I survived another week of camp. I was a good week overall. I got a good bit of music memorized and we have all the drill learned. (nearly 70 pages) I never knew how much i missed playing until now. After not playing ever since leaving JSU after spring '04 i haven't played much at all. I'm looking forward to getting into a career in music.

As much as I enjoyed camp, I'm Very glad its almost over. I haven't got to spend much time with Amy at all. Luckily, she understands that marching is very important to me, although she thinks it a waste of time. I can't wait to spend more time with her.

I wrote a letter to Gadsden Music today inquiring about an apprenticeship. I hope and pray they have something open. I don't know how much longer I can stomach the idea of working these dead end, piddly, meaningless jobs. As much as I love JSU and Amy getting her degree , a small part of me wishes that we could have stayed in Muscle Shoals. That way I could apprentice at Shoals Band Instrument Repair. I miss the days that I spent the mornings there, then went to Stanfeilds or Petco at night. Good Times, Good Times.

The Southerners are packing up and going to Georgia Tech on Thursday. I am VERY excited about this football season....

That's it for tonight. Goodnight.

No comments: